SCHOOL BUS SERVICE AT WOODLAND
Thinking of how to travel to school? Parking in Hong Kong is extremely limited and, like many other schools, most of our campuses have no parking facilities. Our air-conditioned school buses ensure children aged 2 years and above attending our Unaccompanied Programmes get to school safely and hassle-free.
Children love our school bus experience as it promotes confidence and independence, and allows them to travel to and from school with their friends.
Every one of our child-friendly buses is fitted with seatbelts and fully insured.
Every bus is overseen by a trained member of our team, who escorts the children on their journey and ensures a safe traveling experience. Upon arrival at school, another team takes children directly to their classrooms.
Our bus routes serve most areas of Hong Kong Island.
For further details about our school bus services, please contact your school.
Woodland Pre-Schools has engaged the following transport companies to offer a safe and convenient school bus service to enable children to arrive and depart from school efficiently. Each bus is chaperoned by an adult.
|Woodland Pre-School (Happy Valley)||Man King Travel & Transportation Co. Ltd|
|Woodland Pokfulam Pre-School||Koo Wing-Yee|
|Woodland Beachside Pre-School||Tadpole Transportation Service Co.|
|Woodland Repulse Bay Montessori Pre-School||Man King Travel & Transportation Co. Ltd|
|Woodland Kennedy Town Pre-School||Sunny & Company School Transport Service|
|Woodland Sai Kung Pre-School||Tadpole Transportation Service Co.|
|The Woodland Montessori Pre-School (Caine Road)||Tadpole Transportation Service Co.|
About the service
- Due to limited seats, placement will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. The school bus service is restricted to those children registered for the school bus only.
Pick up and Drop off Location Arrangements
- Children need to be at the designated pick-up point at least five minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
- If the child has not arrived at the schedule pick-up time, the Bus Driver will wait for ONE MINUTE only before departing for the next destination.
- If a caregiver is not at the drop off point to collect the child at the allocated time, the child will remain on the bus and continue to the next stop(s). Caregivers must contact their child’s campus as soon as possible to report this and receive details of an alternative arrangement to collect their child.
- Routes and stops are fixed based on student safety, practicality and efficiency. Request for changes to routes and stops will only be considered in special circumstances and are subject to actual traffic conditions and are at the discretion of the bus company.
Hygiene and safety
- Children must wear seat belts whilst travelling on the buses. Please remind your child(ren) regularly about the importance of sitting properly and wearing a seat belt.
- Children are supervised throughout their journey by a dedicated bus chaperone to monitor the child's safety during the bus trip as well as while getting on and off the bus.
- Our staff will inspect and record school bus hygiene and safety regularly according to the Department of Health guidelines and Cognita Health and Safety Policy.
- Children must wear a proper face mask whilst travelling on the bus.
- Consumption of food or drinks is not permitted on the bus.
- Parent/Caretaker must present a collection card when collecting the child from the bus.
- In the event that a collection card is not produced and the bus chaperone cannot verify the identity of the collecting person, the child will not be released from the bus.
- In a case where an alternative authorised adult (without collection card) will collect the child, please notify the school in writing providing the adult’s name and their relationship with the child(ren) at least one hour before the school finishes. The authorised person must present his/her HK identity card/ passport for verification before the child will be released.
Insurance and claims
- All school buses are under insurance coverage and in accordance to the law of the Hong Kong Transport Department. Any claim for personal injury, other loss and damage arising from the use of the school bus service should be directed to school bus’s insurance company.
- Claims for injuries in the event of a traffic accident should be dealt with between parents and the bus company according to the police report.
Service cancellation/ refunds
- Refunds are not available for any missed bus journey(s)(eg: holidays, sickness, travel).
- In the event that school is closed due to Education Bureau (EDB) or Government advice (e.g. Typhoons / Rainstorms / epidemics), bus services will be cancelled. There will be no refunds of fees.
- At least 30 days written notice must be given for cancellation of bus services. All accounts are calculated to the end of the month. There is no pro-rata for other finishing dates.
- If the child is not travelling on the school bus on a school day, please inform your campus before 7:30am.
- Should you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact your campus.
The transport companies are, in the performance of all transport services and activities related to our schools, independent contractors, and are not employees, agents or servants of any of our schools. The drivers and attendants provided by the transport companies shall be solely their employees and shall be under the sole and exclusive direction and control of the transport companies. They shall not be considered employees of our schools for any purpose. Each transport company shall be responsible for compliance with all laws, rules and regulations involving, but not limited to, transportation, employment of labour, hours of labour, health and safety. Our schools, other entities in our Cognita group, and our staff, employees, representatives and agents are not liable for the acts of the transport companies or their employees or any injuries, loss or damage suffered during transportation.